Target Audience and number of beneficiaries:
43 SMEs and 140 interns
Increase effectiveness of interns who are hired in the job market through enhancing their enjoyability skills. Local market study in a fully manner and issuance of a detailed report on the institutions and their needs, Development of employee’s performance in companies based on the preparation of job descriptions for all workers in these companies, Provide legal and administrative advice for the company, Sustainability of this platform through the establishment of a committee composed of 9 members representing the private institutions, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry, universities, and DPNA, to follow up on what the project will accomplish.
DPNA is proposing a one-year project to Mercy Corps through INTAJ
Program and in
partnership with the Chamber of Commerce, Industry, and Agriculture in Tripoli (CCIAT),
that aims at improving youth skills and providing job opportunities for youth by
increasing their efficiency in the working environment, through training workshops and
The project’s target audience in this project is the SMEs. From a development perspective, DPNA wants to make sure that the SMEs benefit from the program by placing skilled interns and expertise coming from universities that can be effective at improving the organizations performance and at developing their businesses. Also, during the project, organizations will take advantage of hired consultants and of all the data and updates provided by CCIAT.
Develop an assessment methodology that can be used to evaluate the performance of enterprises and that helps DPNA to count the number of existing enterprises in North Lebanon and to select the ones that will be targeted and have the opportunity to maintain sustainability and improvements in their daily implemented activities and their development. The methodology will contain qualitative and quantitative measures that can quantify the opportunities and benefits within enterprises, as well as identifying the performance gaps of their current activities, the hidden opportunities, benefits and the needs. The assessment will cover the following topics: HR, legal , finance, production, management and marketing).
Provide a data analysis that will be shared with the selected enterprises and students to structure the findings from the assessment methodology or other means of data collection during the project. Also, a continuous data analysis to all activities implemented, enterprises and students performance in order to break a macro picture into a micro one , and to base critical decisions from the findings and make improvements in the performance of both targeted parties.
Mapping and zoning enterprises in North Lebanon based on locations, type of enterprise, type of activities and size of enterprises. Assist enterprises in cooperation with an HR expert to create and write job descriptions that are an important step in planning the staff programs by giving a brief overview of the role , how it relates to the enterprise vision, a list of key responsibilities , requirements and qualifications. Having a clear job description allows employees to understand their responsibilities and duties that are required and expected. It also helps the SME to determine areas in need of training and developments. Also, HR will be following up the work of the interns and the enterprises during the project and will be assisting both parties to improve their performance.
- Increase the number of staff/members in the company who can contribute to the business development of the company by providing skilled students able to make difference in the fields of management, marketing, finance and production.
- Improve the well-being of the private sector by incubating interns who can increase the efficiency of the work that is done by the company.
- Improve the services that are being provided by the company through the experiences that the interns bring in their involvement with the company.
DPNA received 380 CVs from applicants on social media, through daleel madani, through universities and political and vocational offices.
- 32 interns completed the internship program into the selected enterprises.
- 43 SMEs were targeted instead of the 30 SMEs that was agreed on before in the project.
- 7 interns were job matched at the end of the internship program in the following enterprises: Defacto, Yamak group, Intelligile.
- Ahdaf enterprise was having problems in their legal department and especially the contracts and due to legal consultancy this issue was resolved by putting together now system to ensure stability of work and new contracts.
Beirut Arab University dedicated and devoted their internship center in order to insure as many graduates participate in the project as possible and this created a relation to build on in the future, epically since another relation was built by DPNA between the university and the CCIAT that would expand the network of graduates and interns on one hand and CCIAT’s, Civil Organizations, and SMEs that would eventually continue in the same spirit of Forsa.